Old versionsSee all
Easy File Locker can protect your privacy by locking selected files and folders. The application has an easy-to-use interface. All you need to do is define a master password and start adding the files and folders you want to lock. Then, you can change such properties as Accessible, Writable, Deletable and Visible to each of the items in the list. From then on, you can toggle protection on and off when you want to.
This tool has a unique feature that allows specific programs to access locked files and folders. This works as an exception, the same way you authorize applications through a firewall. The program’s developers claim that it doesn’t change the contents of the protected objects; however, this might mean that no type of encryption is used, which logically increases its vulnerability. Another limitation is that it doesn’t allow creating encrypted partitions on your hard disk.
In a few words, Easy File Locker is both free and easy to use. It has the advantage of allowing specific applications to bypass the protection. However, in my opinion, its effectiveness is at stake as it doesn’t seem to use any type of encryption.
- It is lightweight and free
- It is very easy to use
- It doesn´t change file contents
- It creates protection exceptions for specific applications
- It doesn´t affect system speed
- You cannot use individual passwords
- It can´t be accessed from the system´s context menu
- It can´t create encrypted partitions
- It doesn’t seem to use encryption